Updated: Nov 9, 2019

GitHub Repo:

Blackout was a 3D game demo I made as part of my second year of University. This was a solo project and was written in C++ using Iirlicht, an open source C++ game engine. This was my first project using a third party game engine of any kind. The end result is definitely of a higher quality than previous projects, but I didn't make nearly as much progress as I'd wanted to due to difficulties getting to grip with the tooling.

For the first time in this project, I was able to include features such as baked lighting and particle effects, which though a little rough around the edges really contribute to the overall look and feel of the end product.

This was a solo project.


Recent Posts

See All